- All Walk-a-thon participants and guests are expected to be supervised by an adult at all times. Walk-a-thon is not a drop-off event. We welcome visits from alumni, but children under 16 must be under the supervision of an adult.
- All donations must be turned in to the school by 2:30 PM the day donations are due for the student to be considered a participant and eligible for designated prizes and awards.
- Parents are encouraged to seek matching funds from their companies/families. Remember, pledges are tax deductible donations! These dollars really help our school. Matching funds do not count as earned dollars towards the prizes for students.
- Students must walk the course themselves. No one may carry a participating child or walk for the participating child.
- Students with disabilities are allowed special considerations for walking laps during the Walk-a-thon. Please contact the Walk-a-thon chairpersons prior to Walk-a-thon so arrangements may be made. We want every child to enjoy the day.
- West Valley students are welcome to bring friends or siblings but only laps walked and money earned by West Valley students will be used when laps are tallied for competitions. Friends and siblings may wear a Guest lap card. If the visitor is a minor, he/she must have signed permission slip from his/her parents to participate.
- If a student is unable to attend the Walk-a-thon, please contact a chairperson. They may still participate by getting flat donations from sponsors but to be considered a qualified participant, the student's Sponsor Envelope must be turned into the office by 2:30 PM the day donations are due. This guarantees the student with consideration for all prizes and awards.
- In accordance with District Policy, no dogs, bicycle riding, rollerblading, riding scooters, or riding skateboards are permitted.
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are not allowed to be flown during Walkathon.